ASEPA's vision as described in the constitution, include but are not limited to ...
- To promote the role and status of special education principals and leaders.
- To advocate for the full range of educational services for students with disabilities and special educational needs.
- To promote the professional development of special education principals and leaders.
- To promote research and excellence in special education.
- To liaise with other organizations whose views and activities effect the development and standing of special education services and facilities.
- To provide a forum for the development of policies that relate to students, teachers and leaders in special education.
- To provide a forum for the exchange and discussions of ideas with a particular focus on school administration and leadership in special education.
- To facilitate the development of national and international networks of special education principals and leaders.